2011 Recruitment Counselors

2011 Recruitment Counselors

Monday, June 20, 2011

Lisa Walterscheid: Rho Gamma

My name is Lisa Walterscheid and I am a Rho Gamma for Sorority Formal Recruitment in the fall! A Rho Gamma is a recruitment counselor that is a disaffiliated sorority member who guides potential new members through the process of recruitment. A Rho Gamma disaffiliates in order to maintain unbiased while women going through recruitment decide which chapter to call their own. I have the greatest job! Whether it’s an outfit dilemma or just being there to listen, I am here! I get to help women with one of the biggest decisions of their college years – it’s a lifetime commitment! You will never hear someone say that they used to be Greek. I think the one thing that I am excited for the most during recruitment is the chance to make strong, everlasting bonds with women that will be my Greek sisters. I am honored to be able to be a part of this experience. 

            To be honest, going Greek had never crossed my mind until a couple weeks before Formal Recruitment. My best friend was going through and she told me to go ahead and try it out. Throughout those six days, I fell in love with the chapters at Wichita State. They killed any idea of stereotypical sorority women that I had. Two years later, I can say that I can thank my friend for encouraging me to make one of the best decisions of my life so far. Although we are in different chapters, we are still sisters. After going Greek, I realized all that I had been missing in my life - sisterhood, service, and involvement. Words of advice for Formal Recruitment – smile, relax, and be yourself! If you find yourself feeling nervous, don’t be! Chapter members that you will be meeting will be just as nervous as you are, and I can tell you that from experience. Oh, and one more thing to remember for recruitment… don’t forget to say hi to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment