2011 Recruitment Counselors

2011 Recruitment Counselors

Friday, July 15, 2011

Jillian Hansen: Rho Gamma & Panhellenic President

Hello everyone!

     I’m Jillian Hansen and I am the current Panhellenic President here at Wichita State. I am also a Rho Gamma for the blue group and am super excited for recruitment this year! This is my second year serving as a Recruitment Counselor and I have found the experience extremely rewarding. I love talking to Potential New Members and mentoring them through their selection process of a lifelong organization membership. My favorite part of recruitment is on Bid Day (Monday of recruitment) when all the women find out what chapter they are a member of. The new members are excited and the chapter members are excited to welcome all their new sisters!
     I chose to go Greek for a couple reasons. My uncle was Greek at WSU and I remember him talking about his experience in his fraternity and how much fun they had with philanthropy, Hippodrome, date parties, and formals. The other reason I chose to go Greek was because WSU is a non-traditional campus and I felt like joining a sorority was the easiest and best way to get involved on campus. I held some leadership positions in high school and being Greek has been a great way for me to grow as a leader as well. 

      I have always hung around guys more than girls so at first I wasn’t sure how this whole sorority thing would pan out for me. But now, going into my senior year, I can confidently say I wouldn’t change it for the world. I have met so many amazing individuals, and as corny as it sounds-I really did find my bridesmaids. I love being Greek because everyone around you has their head on straight. As a Greek community we understand that school comes first. I love having someone Greek in every one of my classes. It’s something that instantly bonds you as a community. 

     I hope that your experience at WSU is fantastic and I know that by making the decision to join a sorority it will only add to your college experience. I am so excited to meet all of you and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment